The Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering is a qualification aimed at managers working in a food or drink catering environment. The qualification is intended for candidates already working in catering and those who are preparing to work in the industry and whose job requires them to have some responsibility for food safety.Candidates are likely to have management responsibilities for an operational team.
The qualification is based on the Level 4 National Occupational Standards developed by Improve the Sector Skills Council for the Food and Drink Manufacturing Industry.
- Introduction to Food Safety and Contamination.
- Microbiology (Multiplication & Survival Hazards).
- Food Borne Illness.
- Food Handlers and Personal Hygiene.
- Training and Education.
- Food Hazards and Controls from Purchase to Service.
- The Design and Construction of Food Premises and Equipment.
- Cleaning and Disinfection.
- Pest Management.
- Food Safety Management and HACCP.
- The Role of the Manager.
- Food Safety Legislation and Enforcement.
Course length: 5 days.
Qualification: Level 4 food hygiene certificate.
Cost: £390 per person + VAT on open courses.
£390 per person (min charge of £1950) + VAT for in-house courses.
Click here for open course dates