The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1998 require employers to carry out ‘Risk Assessment’.
To carry out effective risk assessment, knowledge and expertise are required. This course gives guidance and information to enable delegates to carry out a logical and effective assessments.
- State the stages involved in a risk assessment.
- Identify a range of hazards in various working environments.
- Identify people or items at risk.
- Identify common risks which require specialised assessment.
- Measure the extent of a variety of risks.
- Select appropriate control measures and be aware of the need for research/specialist advice.
- State the necessity of, and procedures for, recording, monitoring and revising risk assessments.
- Carry out a risk assessment in practice demonstrating the ability to analyse a situation, collect information and make appropriate judgements and records.
Course length: 6-7 hrs.
Qualification achieved: Risk attendance certificate.
Cost: £40 per person + VAT on open courses.
£40 per person + VAT (min charge of £240 + VAT) for in-house courses.