This course is designed to give training in Oxygen therapy when used as a medicine rather than in a first aid situation.
The course covers the assembly of oxygen equipment and when oxygen might be given. Oxygen use has some complications and restrictions; the course give the student a thorough understanding of the whole process.
- To give students a greater understanding of when to give oxygen.
- Reasons for not giving Oxygen.
- Teach students about the different illnesses and diseases that could require oxygen therapy.
- The use of bag/valve and mask.
- Cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- The use of simple airways.
- The use of suction.
Course length: 3 hrs.
Qualification achieved: Oxygen Usage Certificate.
Cost: £45 per person + VAT on open courses.
£45 per person (min charge of £270) + VAT for in-house courses.