Singleton Training Services Ltd offers a comprehensive training service in relation to manual handling of people, for all levels of staff.
Our clinical training course is 6 hours; it consists of both theory and hands on practical sessions.
- Brief overview of the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Brief overview of Manual Handling Regulations.
- Types and frequency and cost of manual handling injuries.
- Anatomy of the back.
- Physical principles of manual handling (principle of levers).
- Risk assessment applied to moving people.
- Control measures in moving people.
- Principles of kinetics.
- Practical demonstration of moving people.
- Practical demonstration of lifting equipment in the home.
Course length: 6-7 hrs.
Qualification: Attendance certificate.
Care standard: Standard 13.
Cost: £40 per person + VAT on open courses.
£40 per person + VAT (min charge of £240 + VAT) for in-house courses.