- Basic anatomy and physiology.
- First person on scene and scene safety.
- Levels of response and GCS.
- Basic life support and CPR.
- Advanced airway management (OP, NP, I-gel airways and suction).
- Simple ECG recognition.
- Heart conditions and arrhythmias.
- Use of AED.
- Patient observations: Temperature, Blood pressure, blood sugar, capillary refill.
- Oxygen therapy.
- Mechanism of injury.
- Secondary survey.
- Treatment of head trauma including SCAT test.
- Treatment of abdominal trauma.
- C-spine control and use of collars.
- Motorcycle helmet removal.
- Control of severe haemorrhage.
- Treatment of burns.
- Treatment and immobilisation of fractures including basic splinting.
- Treatment of dislocation.
- Entonox therapy.
- Recovery position including spinal recovery.
- Treatment of soft tissue injuries.
- Recognition and treatment of thermal conditions.
- Recognition and treatment of shock.
- Recognition and treatment of Anaphylaxis including use of Epipen.
- Recognition and treatment of Strokes.
- Treatment of choking casualties.
- Recognition and treatment of epilepsy.
- Recognition and treatment of Diabetes including blood sugar monitoring.
- Recognition and treatment of Asthma.
- Introduction to recreational drugs.
- Patient handover to emergency services.
- Introduction to safeguarding and the Mental Capacity Act.
- Basic conflict resolution.
- Infection control in pre-hospital care.
Course length: 6 days.
Qualification: First Person on Scene – Intermediate Certificate.
Cost: £399 per person + VAT on open courses.
£399 per person + VAT (min charge of £2394 + VAT) for in-house courses